ANNOUNCING A FREE ONE-YEAR MEMBERSHIP TO THE FINANCIAL PLANNING ASSOCIATION
The Financial Planner Education Diversity Empowerment Corporation (FPEDEC) has announced that they will pay for a one-year student membership to the Financial Planning Association for all University of Maryland, University College students that complete two of the six required courses for the Certified Financial Planner (CFP) Certification Examination.
FPEDEC is a charitable 501 (c) (3) organization and is a benefit to the government by providing support for public and private institutions of higher education with financial planner programs with the goal of increasing diversity and inclusion in the financial planning profession and financial services industry.
UMUC is offering a Certified Financial Planner© (CFP) Board approved financial planning course of study which will qualify students for the CFP© Exam. The financial planning course of study is designed to help train students interested in becoming personal financial planners. The personal financial planning industry is projected to grow at a much faster rate than the most occupations.
CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER© professionals are uniquely qualified to help individuals pull all their finances together, solve financial problems, and plan to achieve their financial goals. As a financial planner with valuable expertise, you can expect personal satisfaction. Financial planners consistently report an increase in average annual gross earnings after receiving their CFP® certification. Financial planners:
- Solve financial problems
- Help people meet their financial goals
- Serve as trusted advisor, counselor and coach
The financial planning career path is expected to rapidly grow over the next 10 years, according to Money Magazine and Payscale.com.
COURSES THAT QUALIFY FOR THE FREE FPA MEMBERSHIP:
Students interested in qualifying for the CFP exam must take the following six courses which will qualify students for the educational requirement required to sit for the CFP exam. Completion of any two of these courses will qualify for the free FPA membership:
- FINC 321 Fundamentals of Building Wealth (an overview of the financial planning process)
- FINC 340 Investments (an introduction to financial investments and portfolio management)
- FINC 352 Life and Health Insurance (insurance tools and principles for business and individuals)
- FINC 355 Retirement and Estate Planning (retirement and estate planning techniques for individuals, families and business)
- ACCT 323 Federal Income Tax I (for individuals and other entities)
- FINC 490 Financial Plan Development (a thorough review of financial planning principles and applications including case study and practice)
HOW TO CLAIM YOUR FREE FPA STUDENT MEMBERSHIP
After you have completed two of the courses listed above contact Kathleen Sindell, Ph.D. at email@example.com or Kathleen.firstname.lastname@example.org and send your UMUC CFP Student Application. Completion of the two CFP registered courses will be verified and you will receive your FREE one-year Student FPA membership. Please read below for a list of the advantages of joining the FPA.
BENEFITS OF JOINING THE FINANCIAL PLANNING ASSOCIATION (FPA): Community matters at the Financial Planning Association® (FPA) not only because of the value their affiliated financial planners gather when it comes to personal and professional growth, but in the power of idea sharing, passion and inspiration, which elevates the profession. FPA members engage and connect with their peers, FPA staff and the many thought leaders and influencers affiliated with the association in a variety of ways. There’s no one right way to do it, so the most important component is what makes you feel the most comfortable.
- ONLINE FPA COMMUNITIES: FPA Connect is a professionally moderated, compliance friendly and the best place to find the questions, ansers and topcis that are most important to finance planners.
- ENGAGE WITH FPA PLANNERS IN YOUR AREA: The ability to engage virtually with practitioners, members and financial planning thought leaders from across the globe is one of the great perks of FPA membership, and the most successful members unite the virtual experience with the intrinsic value of in-person connections at the local level.
- MANY WAYS TO GET INVOLVED WITH FPA: There are myriad other ways to see and hear what your peers are saying and to join in the discussion. The forums above are simply a great place to start and illustrate the wide spectrum of engaging financial planning-focused discussion and conversation that serves as one of the most valuable benefits of FPA membership.
ABOUT THE FPA
ABOUT THE FPEDEC
Financial Planner Education Diversity Empowerment Corporation (FPEDEC). FPEDEC is a charitable 501 (c) (3) organization and is a benefit to the government by providing support for public and private institutions of higher education with financial planner programs with the goal of increasing diversity in the financial planning profession. FPEDEC’s mission is to advance the opportunities for diversity and inclusion in the financial services industry.
CONTACT: Kathleen Sindell, Ph.D., President P: 703-299-1700, M: 703-474-6645 E: email@example.com
ABOUT THE UMUC CFP PROGRAM
If you are seeking additional information about the University of Maryland, University College registered Certified Financial Planner Program contact Peter Munge, JD Professor and Program Chair, Finance and Economics Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or Kathleen Sindell, Ph.D., CFP Program Chair and Professor (Adjunct) at Kathleen.email@example.com.